• Owned and managed
financial advisory firm named top firm in Illinois by the Bond
• Managed and served as financial advisor on over $7 billion in
public debt financings
• Served on Board of Commissioners as Chairman of Finance and Audit
for the Chicago Housing Authority, securing the Bond Buyer’s “Deal
of the Year” award for industry’s ground breaking “Garvee”
• Appointed by the Governor to serve as first ever woman and
Hispanic Chief Executive Officer of Illinois’ major economic
engine, Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (“MPEA”).
• Led financial turnaround at the MPEA, erasing a projected $60
million deficit over three years.
• While CEO at MPEA, led and delivered $1 billion construction
project on-time and under budget.
• Led and managed the master planning efforts to revitalize and
redevelop Navy Pier in Chicago
• Led negotiations resulting in unprecedented labor agreements with
major labor jurisdictions at McCormick Place Convention Center in
• Developed and implemented “Planning for Greatness”, MPEA’s first
ever strategic planning program.